After having witnessed an overwhelming response in the first season, Mumbai’s Ballard Estate Festival (MBEF) is back with a bang for its second edition which was launched on the 29th of October, 2016 with free entry to all. MBEF is arguably the biggest arts and cultural extravaganza ever witnessed by Mumbai, and it offers Mumbaikars a unique opportunity to experience and celebrate the city they love in a whole new way.
The grand opening of MBEF was graced by Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways of India, Smt. Valsa Nair-Singh, Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture, Government of Maharashtra and Mr.Sanjay Bhatia, Chairman, Mumbai Port Trust at Ballard Estate.
Shubhra Bhardwaj, Founder and Creative Director of Ferriswheel Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. says, “The Silent Open Air Cinema, more engaging Children’s activities, like zone, grooming for pets, art walk, art gallery, we also have a lot of interesting artist from all genres are coming and performing, film promotion we are expecting it will be happening here.The shift of mind set is that now, everyone says that our kids are constantly watching TV and nowhere to go, here you can bring your kids and do a walk around bring your pets or you can have your pets groom at pet zone and Kids can play around at kid zone and basically experience the best of it, Everything Live Entertainment Outdoor.”
Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways of India, says, “From the archaeology point of view, the building and everything looks really so great and the vibe here is so amazing. The festival is doing a great job by showcasing the country’s best which has generated a huge response from the people. My best wishes are with the event organisers and the people associated with the festival. I’m sure Mumbaikars will definitely support it make this festival a grand success.”
Mr. Sanjay Bhatia, the Chairman of Mumbai Port Trust says, “The difference from last year is that this time the entry is free for Mumbaikars. As the fees will be only for specialised concept, the art is beautiful and activities is new and if Mumbaikar will come, they can participate in this activities. Shubhra is very enthusiastic and we are looking forward to her creating almost Munich here. I’m sure the people will co-relate the art form here.”
Mumbai’s Ballard Estate Festival season 2 brings new reasons to cruise through the festival Of Ballard Estate for Unique, exciting, dynamic experiences across the 8 Signature weekends, from October to May.
The Opening signature weekend had something for everyone; from the silent cinema to Segway rides, Origamy workshop, Special performances by Arjun Kanungo, Shibani Kashyap, Anmoll Mallik, dedicated zones for pets, children, health & wellness, a lot of engaging touch points, etc.
Due to the impressive response, the coming signature weekend will have extended festival hours (till 2am), along with a bar area.
Highlights of the festival (29th of October):
- Bollywood Artists’ Performances: After luring his fans on Youtube with over 8 million views, Arjun Kanungo is set to mesmerize the crowd along with the popular playback and pop singer, Shibani Kashyap (Sajna Aa Bhi Jaa, Zinda Hoon Main and Kya Nazaakat Hai fame) and Anmoll Mallik, known for Naagin Dance, Pyaar Ki and Talli chartbusters.
· Silent open air Cinema – The silent cinema aims at gathering movie lovers and enthusiasts alike to group together and experience films with cordless headsets with the comfort of lounge seating under the open sky.
Show Timings: 4.00pm to 7.00 pm
7.00pm to 10.00 pm
Capacity per show: 100
- Heritage walks – The historic buildings at the estate have tremendous hidden gems and stories that are unknown to the world. Engage in heritage walks and learn something more about the city and its architectural history.
- ShivFit – It is a complete Fintness program started by Shivoham and Vrinda Mehta. This program includes the fitness of BODY and MIND. Shivoham looks after the physical training which is the body aspect of SHIVFIT, whereas Vrinda Mehta looks after the mind aspect which is “the Vibrations process”.
- Numerology – Gittanjali Elizabeth Mordecai -A Master Numerologist, who has been on the Panel of Celebrity Experts at Astrospeak, Times of India, since the past 17 years, has also authored the best-selling book on Numerology…AND GOD SPOKE IN NUMBERS… Gittanjali is a predictive Numerologist practicing Chaldean Numerology.
- Reconnective healing – Sessions by Jalpa and ToralVithlani. Jalpa H Vithalani is the Creative Head & Director of Cosmic Heart Gallery, Mumbai and the Director of Global Agritech (I) Pvt Ltd. She is the Vice President of Western India Floriculture Association. She is a Reconnective Healing Foundational Practitioner & Reconnection-Certified Practitioner.
- Cosmic Art Gallery – An art exhibition by Cosmic Heart Gallery exhibiting intriguing and mesmerising collection by famous artists, curated from all parts of the world.
Elements of the Festival:
- Children’s Zones (10am – 10pm) – A day-long plethora of activities for Kids- 9XO/9XM drawing contest, Bade Chote meet and greet, Origami workshop by Sangram Sadhale, Science Junk robotics workshop, Feel rocket experience, Robots maze game, Pie face game, monster games, RC car zones, NASA test machines, Microscopic world, trampolines& rock climbing inflates.
- Pet Fair (11am – 5pm) – A dedicated zone for pampering your pets – grooming sessions, dog shows, canine cafe and an adoption centre.
- Flea market – A unique street shopping experience with ample of clothing, art and craft, ethnic wear, earthen art, jewellery, gourmet, beauty and fragrance to choose from.
- Food Festival – A mouth-watering tour to the newest cuisines from street food to gourmet- food truck experience, chef workshops, and pop up stages with live food counters and lessons.
- Health zone – Mind and Body Fitness, Yoga and so much more to take care of your inner and outer self.
Additionally there are many interactive acts planned for the streets all throughout the day which would include clown, jugglers, unicyclist, stilt walkers and ball walkers.
Follow Us at :
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ballardfestival
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ballardestatefestival/
Snapchat – @ballardfestival